Animal Transport Terms & Conditions
Booking Terms & Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. You must not make any booking unless you are 18 years of age or older and understand and agree with the following terms and conditions. References to “us”, “we” and/or “our” in these booking terms and conditions shall mean Pet Professionals Animal Transport, its employees, its member agents and employees of its member agents. References to “you” means a user of this website.
These terms and conditions apply to bookings you make with our consultants (in-person, over the phone or by email).
- While the utmost care and attention is given to your Pets, they are handled with the understanding that, to the extent permitted by law and subject to the applicable limitations and exclusions otherwise set out in this Agreement, Pet Professionals, our employees, subcontractors and agents (including airlines):
- will at no time to be held responsible for loss, death, illness, injury or accident due to any cause (other than negligence), either natural or accidental; and
- will not be under any liability and are hereby released from any liability for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage (including pain and suffering, emotional or psychological loss and damage, loss of opportunity, indirect, remote, abnormal or unforeseeable loss or any similar loss whether or not in the reasonable contemplation of the parties at the time of agreeing to these conditions or the provision of any Services) arising out of the supply or use of the Services, death of or injury to your Pet, failure to supply, or out of any breach of contract or warranty including breach of an essential term.
- Nothing in this Agreement is intended or will be construed as excluding, restricting or modifying or having the affect of excluding, restricting or modifying the application of all or any of the provisions of Division 1 of Part 3-2 of the Australian Consumer Law (Consumer Guarantees).
- Our maximum aggregate liability to you:
- for failure to comply with a Consumer Guarantee (where applicable) under the Australian Consumer Law in respect of the supply of the Services which are not of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption; and
- for loss or damage suffered by you as a result of any breach of this Agreement or in relation to this Agreement or the Services, is limited, at our sole discretion, to:
- supplying the Services again; or
- paying the cost of having the Services supplied again.
- You should ensure that you have adequate insurances to cover any risks.
Live animals are carried at the sole risk of the merchant and carrier shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever
Quotations and Fees
- sets out the full list of Services to be provided for the Fees;
- air-freight prices are provided to you based on the height and length of the Pet/s or dimensions of your travel container/s, given by you to us. If there is any increase in the size of the Pet or travel container/s, you will be required to pay an additional Fee in accordance with our schedule of fees;
- is based on current tariffs and are subject to change. Price changes may occur due to matters outside our control which increase the cost of the product or service. Such factors include adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases.
- will be deemed to have been accepted by you on receipt of the Non-Refundable Deposit.
- The Fees are payable by you to us as follows: You may be required to pay a deposit (or deposits) when booking. Your consultant will advise you of how much that will be. All deposits are non-refundable for changes of mind or cancellations by you (in accordance with Australian Consumer Law practices). Final payment is required no later than 48 hours days prior to departure unless otherwise stated. Some airfares or services must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- Acceptable payment methods are credit card or direct deposit.
- Pet Professionals reserves the right to charge a surcharge (in an amount notified by Pet Professionals to you from time to time) for all payments made by credit card.
Amendments and cancellations
- Once we receive the boarding information and Non-Refundable Deposit from you, any amendments to a booking will incur fees. Fees will vary depending and will be advised prior to making any amendments to your booking.
- All amendments to a booking and variations to this Agreement must be agreed in writing by Pet Professionals.
- If you cancel a booking, we will retain the Non-Refundable Deposit along with any additional costs Pet Professionals may have reasonably incurred prior to receiving notice of the cancellation of the booking. You acknowledge that such Non-Refundable Deposit and additional costs are a genuine and reasonable pre-estimate of our loss.
Inoculations and parasite treatments
- Where the Services include accommodation that requires inoculations and parasite treatments, you must provide valid and current inoculation certificates to us prior to the provision of Services. In most instances inoculations and deworming are to be carried out at least two weeks prior to travel. You are responsible for ensuring the inoculations/treatments are valid and current.
- While inoculation/treatments are an additional step to ensure your Pet’s safety and comfort, not all airborne infections are preventable. Pet Professionals, our employees, subcontractors and agents will not be held liable for and are released from liability for infection of your Pet.
Where your Pet requires sedatives or you make a written request that we use sedatives on your Pet, sedatives are strictly to be arranged by you and to be prescribed and issued by your regular veterinarian. Pet Professionals, our employees, subcontractors and agents will not be held responsible for and are released from liability for any over dosage, any side effects or death of your Pet due to the use of sedatives when used in accordance with the instructions provided with the sedative. Pet Professionals recommend against the use of sedatives during transit.
We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance to cover all your travel arrangements.
- Your Pet is transported entirely at your risk and it is your responsibility to take out and maintain comprehensive insurance on your Pet with a reputable insurer for all risks associated with travel, including illness, injury, infection, death and damage to any other animal, person or property caused by or contributed to by your Pet.
- Insurance for you and your pet/s during the provision of Services is not included in the Fee.
You may be required to provide travel documentation, specifically for international travel, including but not limited to: vaccination documentation, permit to fly or other international or customs documentation. Failure to provide such documentation will result in the inability to transport your pet. Any additional costs may be passed to you along with administration fees.
We act as an agent for, and sell various travel related products as agent on behalf of, numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, coach, rail and cruise line operators, as well as all our wholesalers. Any services we provide to you are collateral to that agency relationship. Our obligation to you is to (and you expressly authorise us to) make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. We exercise care in the selection of reputable service providers, but we are not ourselves a provider of travel services and have no control over, or liability for, the services provided by third parties. All bookings are made on your behalf subject to the terms and conditions, including conditions of carriage and limitations of liability, imposed by these service providers. We can provide you with copies of the relevant service provider terms and conditions on request. Your legal rights in connection with the provision of travel services are against the specific provider and, except to the extent a problem is caused by fault on our part, are not against us. Specifically, if for any reason (excluding fault on our part) any travel service provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted, your rights are against that provider and not against us.
- Without limiting clause 6, this Agreement may be terminated without cause by either party at any time prior to payment of the Non-Refundable Deposit.
- This Agreement may be terminated at the option of either party (Innocent Party) without prior notice if:
- the other party (Breach Party) commits a material breach of its obligations under this Agreement and fails or is unable to remedy such breach within 7 days after receiving written notice from the Innocent Party requiring the breach to be remedied; or
- a receiver, receiver and manager, manager, official manager, administrator, provisional liquidator, liquidator or trustee in bankruptcy is appointed to the Breach Party or to all or any substantial part of the assets and undertakings of the Breach Party.
- We will cease to provide the Services to you upon termination of the Agreement to provide such Services by either party.
- Termination of this Agreement in accordance with this clause will be without prejudice to any accrued rights of either party under the Agreement.
No waiver by us of any breach of this Agreement operates as a waiver of any other breach, and the doing and/or omission of any act, matter or thing whatsoever by us, our employees or agents (which but for this clause ought or might amount to a waiver of our rights in respect of any such breach or default) does not operate as a waiver in any way of our rights and powers in respect of such breach or default.
The relationship between us pursuant to this Agreement shall be and deemed to be as independent contractor and customer and not that of employment, partnership, joint venture or agency.
- Neither party is liable for any delay or failure to perform its obligations other than your obligation to pay the Fees pursuant to this Agreement, if such delay or failure is due to Force Majeure.
- If a delay or failure by a party to perform its obligations due to Force Majeure exceeds 30 days, either party may immediately terminate this Agreement by written notice to the other.
This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of or in that State and Courts of appeal therefrom.
This Agreement set out the entire agreement and understanding between the parties with respect to the subject matter and supersedes all prior agreements, understandings and representations, including representations made on Pet Professionals’ website.
In these terms and conditions,
Fees means the charges (in Australian dollars) payable by you to us for the provision of Services, as set out in the Quotation.
Force Majeure means a circumstance beyond the reasonable control of the parties which results in a party being unable to observe or perform on time an obligation under this Agreement. Such circumstances include, without limitation, acts of God, acts of government, war or other hostility, terrorism, national or international disaster, fire, explosion, power failure, equipment failure, strike or lockout, storm, inability to obtain necessary supplies and any other Force Majeure occurrences.
Pet means the animal in respect of which the Services are provided and Pets has a corresponding meaning.
Non-Refundable Deposit means the deposit payable by you to accept a Quotation, which is not refundable and payable in accordance with clause 3.1.
Quotation means a written quotation given by us to you in respect of the Services based on the information provided by you to us.
Services means the services provided by us to you as set out in the Quotation and all matters necessarily related to the provision of the services or ancillary to the provision of the Services and includes transport, as applicable.
Subcontractor means any person we arrange to provide the Services and their employees, agents and subcontractors.