DOG TRAINING CLASSES
Looking for dog training classes in Brisbane, Canberra or Sydney? Hanrob Pet Hotels offers five different dog training classes – puppy pre-school, kindergarten, and three obedience classes to accommodate the unique needs of both you and your furry friend. With over 30 years of professional experience working with pets, you can rely on this family-owned and operated business to make a meaningful difference in your dog’s behaviour.
Participating in these classes will ultimately give you a well-mannered member of the household and the ultimate canine companion. Each group runs for five weeks and at the end of those five classes, dogs are assessed to see if they are ready to move up to the next level. We want all dogs and owners to move at their own pace, and provide continued support to develop those skills with patience and determination. If your dog is older than 18 weeks, they will skip puppy pre-school and start in our kindergarten class.
Our beginner group obedience class is designed to teach the basics of dog training including learning to sit, drop, stand, stay, loose leash walking, coming when called, greeting people nicely, and working on focus and impulse control. As we move up the levels, we add more distractions, duration and distance and begin to work on behaviours off lead creating reliable commands in all situations.
Each class has prerequisites and while we accept most dogs, not all dogs will benefit from group classes. Dogs that may not cope in group classes are dogs:
- with a bite history with people or dogs
- who display reactivity/aggressive behaviours (barking, lunging, snarling)
- who are fearful or extremely nervous in new situations or around new dogs and people.
If you are unsure if your dog is suitable, please contact us prior to booking to organise an assessment. While group classes may not be the best option for your dog, Hanrob offers a range of different training services including stay n’ train programs and private lessons where we can work on these issues.
WHY CHOOSE HANROB DOG TRAINING ACADEMY?
There are several features that set Hanrob apart from other dog training schools, all of which you’ll experience regardless of the class format you choose. To name just a few of the qualities we’re especially proud of, Hanrob is:
- Fun and Positive — We take a positive, reward-based approach to our training methods. We do this because it’s effective, but also because it makes training much more fun and enjoyable for us, you, and your pet.
- Consistent — Consistency is essential when training any pet. That’s why we ensure that our teaching is consistent across all of our classes, from puppy pre-school to dog group classes.
- Customisable — We don’t take a one-size-fits-all approach to dog training. We customise our services where possible to attend to the unique needs of you and your pet. This includes taking into consideration your dog’s medical history, specific behavioural issues, and anything else you feel is relevant!